Fall is here, which means falling leaves, slick roads, and unpredictable weather… all things that affect the way your tires interact with the roads in Mukwonago. So what does that mean to you? The next time your vehicle is in our bays at S&S Research, our ASE Certified technicians will inspect your tires for warning signs that they won’t be able to keep up with the changing conditions.
Here are five tips for checking your tires this season.
1. Alignment. Your tires should be in perfect alignment for best performance on the roads. When your tires are slightly off, they hit the road at different angles. As tires wear unevenly, you’ll be at increased risk of a flat, get fewer miles to the gallon, and need to replace your tires much sooner.
2. Vibration. This can be a sign of issues with your tire or wheels. If you notice shaking in the steering wheel or pulling to one side or the other, you may need an alignment, wheel balance, or tire rotation.
3. Tread. During this time of year, tread is increasingly important. Not only does it help you know when you need new tires, the tread helps your tires grip the road. You need approximately 2 mm more tread in wet, rain, snow, and ice conditions to remain in control on slick roads.
4. Pressure. An inexpensive pressure gauge can help you check your tire pressure. Some newer cars even have monitors that can trigger a light on your dashboard if pressure gets too low. When temperatures drop, the pressure in your tires change. Make sure it’s filled to the optimum PSI for improved gas mileage and reduced risk of a flat.
5. Spare. Don’t forget to check your spare tire! If you get a flat on the side of the road, you won’t be able to fix it with an underinflated or busted spare tire. Check periodically so you’re prepared in an emergency.
Are your tires ready for fall and winter in Mukwonago? Stop by S&S Research to have our ASE Certified technicians inspect your tires, perform an alignment or tire rotation, and keep you safe through the seasons! Call us at 262-968-3324.